Sunday, 3 July 2016

The Skirrid - Sunday photo



This view of the Skirrid is my reward for getting to the top of the very steep hill near our house. And it's also a good excuse to stop and catch my breath. Love the row of pompom-like trees.

It's the early part of a three mile loop from home, and a well worn walk for me. Partly because I want to get fit, but mainly because I'm pretty much always in a better space by the time I get back. There's something soothing about the gentle monotony of walking. It helped me immeasurably when my husband was away. Now I go when my head's full and I can't think straight. More footsteps, more clarity. I've had some of my best ideas walking the loop - not that it'll be of much interest to anyone I'm sure, but today I thought of a good way to attach the front wheels to a cardboard tube tractor. Made me feel better!

And I'm a little less puffed now when I get to the top of that hill.

Linking up with Photalife's My Sunday Photo.


8 comments:

  1. That is definitely a beautiful view :) #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what a view, I'd never get bored of seeing that

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to walk to clear my head as well. A bit of local radio in one ear and just walk of the anger and frustration. Looks a pretty place to walk.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful scenery and not another soul in sight! Perfect way to exercise and clear the head.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great view. I never seem to be able to take good views, I think the big hill adds some perspective! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so postcard perfect! What a lovely view, something really worth climbing for! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so beautiful. One of the best peaces of advice I was ever given was "when things all get too much, get outside" it honestly really does help doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you live in a very beautiful place! Well done :)

    ReplyDelete