Sunday, 10 July 2016

Shades of grey


How is it possible to have so many different shades of grey socks, and no pairs?
And this is just a selection... there are more.
Where do the blighters go??
We've a pile of sad single socks sitting on a window sill upstairs that just grows and grows until I accept defeat and bin them.
Do mysteriously vanishing socks drive you mad? Apparently there's some research showing Brits lose 1.3 million socks a month - and there's even a formula explaining why we keep losing them. Yes, really.
Do have a look at the article here - the last video clip is hilarious! And who doesn't need a bit of light relief at the moment?

Linking up with Photalife's My Sunday Photo.


11 comments:

  1. I am OCD about not losing socks!! I go in search of the missing sock if the wash turns up an odd number!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like my brothers pile of socks, hehe, Clio lending a helping hand for Coombe Mill

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to know where they all go...I'm sure a sock eating monster lives somewhere in my house. lol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Love this. I so have many shades of odd socks too! :) #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha in our house it's all about the white socks

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  6. I swear the washing machine eats all the odd socks in this house! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wear them as odd pairs now, like all the kids do....oh yeah bang on trend, me. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kids help themselves to the window sill socks when they can't be bothered to look in a drawer. A few days later they're back on the pile. And so it goes on!!

      Delete
  8. I have so many of those socks that doesnt have a pair and I am still finding out where do they really go! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  9. I honestly don't know where they go, and now we have teeny tiny baby socks to add to the mix, and Germans DO NOT find it amusing when babies are sans socks (it is bad for them health wise apparently, hence the whole socks with sandals thing) so I always have to carry a usually odd extra pair when he pulls them off! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. We’ve got lots of ideas for things to do with odd socks! Including some family fun craft ideas for making sock puppets. www.loveyourclothes.org.uk/lost-socks

    ReplyDelete