Sunday, 13 March 2016

Photo shoot - Sunday photo


Just back from a busy two day photo shoot for the animal board books and next craft book. Not as glamorous as it might sound, but unquestionably more interesting than my usual Thursday/Friday routine! We were in a basement studio somewhere in east London; facing a small but significant cardboard mountain of stuff to do.

I spent all day on my feet, or leaning over a table, holding my breath while I moved animals and tiny flowers/butterflies/snakes into place. Knocked the trees over a few times and the whole lot went like dominos which wasn't at all funny... Heaps of patience required. And my back's in bits.

I've spent a daft number of hours over the last month, making all the teeny finishing touches, like squirrels, rabbits, daisies, patchwork hills.
Many, many things.
Hope they'll make a difference.

Walking and tubing it back to Paddington on a Friday evening with a collection of shoe boxes, and a large art folder was a nightmare. So, so relieved to get to the station; felt like punching the air. But that good feeling didn't last long. The train was heaving. Ended up standing all the way to Bristol Parkway because I hadn't reserved a ticket.
Won't be doing that again.

Linking up with My Sunday Photo at Photalife.

12 comments:

  1. This sounds much more interesting than anything I usually get up to

    Thank you for linking up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very welcome change from what I'm used to! Thanks for hosting Darren.

      Delete
  2. How exciting Tracey and yes it does sound glamorous. Standing all the way home on the train, not so. Will look forward to seeing the finished product...you must feel chuffed to bits.
    By the way wondered if you'd be interested in this?
    http://www.xantheberkeley.com/colour-lovers-photo-walk-brick-lane/
    I've registered my interest for the next one. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This does sound very exciting (and frustrating when you knock it over!). I really look forward to seeing the end result. Well done :) #MySundayPhoto

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria - can't wait to see how it all comes together!

      Delete
  4. I bet it is so time consuming and ooh that would kill my back but the end result must be so rewarding x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, and I do like creating a little scene - worth the backache!

      Delete
  5. That picture looks amazing - I bet the results are going to be superb! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds and looks interesting! I wish I can see the whole process as I love seeing how things are done! So inspiring! #mysundayphoto

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the end result! I have to say having travelled on a packed SW train to London Waterloo last summer, I won't ever travel by train without a reserved seat either!

    ReplyDelete