Friday, 1 January 2016

December Scavenger list

Happy New Year! Here's hoping it's a good one. Certainly starting with a bit of a bounce for us, because at long last, we can say he's back home THIS year.

What a difference a day makes.

Lots of festive prompts in December's scavenger list, but tried to mix it up a little.

Joy

Got to be one of my favourite parts of Christmas day, the stocking opening. A few magic moments of pure joy when they still believe. Even fruit strings are exciting!

Together

The first time he came back from Afghanistan. Now on number 3.

Tree

Ornament

A heart catching the light.

Light

I took this last summer when we were in France, just as the sun was setting. Love the warm glow.

Christmas

Anyone else think there's something weird about seeing Father Christmas tied to a chair in a pub?

Sparkle


Giving

The Christmas squirrel that keeps on giving! It used to be a regular on the kitchen table, but now only comes out on special occasions.

Food

The syrup sponge effect!

Red

Friendly red bugs

Kitchen

Possibly a few know about my vintage French toy kitchen addiction?... I've found two now trawling around flea markets on holiday, and I love them. They sit side by side in my kitchen, and know there's more out there because I've seen loads on Pinterest. (Can almost hear my husband sighing as he reads this...)

Whatever you want

Christmas morning - just too early and too much for my teenager.

Many thanks to Made with Love for hosting the scavenger hunt. Do pop over to check out other takes on the list, and to see what's in store for January. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tracey! Great pics as usual I love the shot of your boy in France and I'm pleased to say I didn't come across any of those critters when I was there.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pictures and so much joy in them! I love the syrup sponge pic and the red bugs and the seventies kitchen. Enjoy your New Year.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year, Tracey. I always enjoy your sweet photos of your family. Glad your husband is safe at home. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year. It was a joy to see all your lovely photos. I especially liked reading about the vintage French kitchen toys; how fun! Wishing you the best in this new year, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. The little French kitchen is adorable! I also love your squirrel dish, and the photo for Light is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely photos, I've enjoyed looking at them, Happy New Year to you and yours:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely post.... Glad you had a lovely Christmas and that he's coming back home this year. Syrup sponge - yum, and I love that vintage toy kitchen - I remember when you posted that a while back. Happy New Year! X

    ReplyDelete