Wednesday, 20 May 2015

Purple haze



There's a hill we drive past every day on the run to school that slowly but surely turns purple at this time of year. It is quite beautiful, and has caused the odd sudden swerve and a few yelps from the back seat...

I look forward to seeing the purple hill each morning, but it's taken me until now to stop and actually take a photo, because we're always rushing. I'd like to have got a bit closer, but we were on the way home and the kids were tired and hungry, so, not the day for that. Still, I've promised myself I'll make the time to wander up there soon, before the bluebells fade.

The Gallery this week is all about landscapes, so why not pop over and enjoy the view?


10 comments:

  1. How beautiful. I can identify with the swerving, I have done the same thing when coming across a 'photo opportunity'. Bluebells and wild garlic in abundance down here at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wonderful! Love this time of year, got to be my favourite.

      Delete
  2. Stunning picture. What lovely colours xx #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photo. Be careful with your swerving though!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Not a good idea on narrow country roads!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous photo Tracey. It made me think of the line ‘those blue remembered hills’ in the A E Housman poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, The hill is something else. Never fails to lift my spirits.

      Delete
  5. That is so beautiful - those hues are gorgeous and I love the vibrant green of May! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such a great month for bright, beautiful colours x

      Delete