Monday, 2 March 2015

St David's Day cosy

This is Gwen - she likes Tom Jones, hill walking and brandy alexanders.


I raced to get her finished yesterday for St David's Day, but didn't quite manage.
Gwen has a slightly lopsided grin and extremely large hands, but apart from that she turned out pretty much the way I hoped.
She's joined the small, merry band of Saints' Day egg cosies that live on our mantelpiece.


I've thought about making more to sell at Fairs, but they take ages, and I'm not sure there's much of a market for novelty egg cosies??
  

8 comments:

  1. Gwen is adorable. Yacky da. x (I know my spelling is wrong!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't know to be honest! Thanks Fiona x

      Delete
  2. The detail on them is amazing. They brought a smile to my face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's lovely Catherine! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. So cute. No one I know eats boiled eggs for breakfast except for me. My American family wouldn't even know what to do with an egg cup or cosy. Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone's in such a rush these days, not sure even boiled egg lovers could be bothered with a cosy :(

      Delete
  4. What a lovely lady! (The gents are cute too). I can’t imagine knitting anything that small - well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! I do like making small stuff, but I'm starting to feel the strain…my eyes aren't what they used to be!

      Delete