Wednesday, 4 February 2015

Out in the cold….

That's where my poor old blog's been for the last few months - right out in the cold, tapping feebly on the window; neglected and unloved. But there's a good (happy) reason why my normal routine has gone out that same window... And I promise, promise, promise as soon as I get my act together, I'll tell you as much as I can.
But in the meantime, as I was having a guilty scroll through my blog list, I noticed the theme for the Photo Gallery this week was 'Cold', and felt a need to post… 
Honestly, I've been holding onto these pictures FOR EVER, waiting for the right moment. This one was taken a few years ago, on a trip to London. Lordy, it was cold. I don't think the fountain in Trafalgar Square freezes that often. It was just a few months into my husband's year long tour of Afghanistan; I'd taken the kids down on the train to stay with a friend, and we managed to pack such a lot in a short space of time. It was just what I needed - a bit of a breather, and some grown up chat. Even wrote my first silly poem about the trip; the first of many silly poems as it turned out.


This one was taken almost a year later - my husband was home, we were snowed in, but it really didn't matter. It reminds me of the relief - the lifting of that weight of worry and responsibility -  a sense of fun creeping back. 
We'd made it.

A perfectly timed sort of snowy high five.


Sticky Fingers Photo Gallery

7 comments:

  1. Wow at the frozen fountain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad all is well, can't wait to hear more! Love your icy shots, pretty blinking cold here at the moment too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first photo is spectacular. I haven't seen one of Trafalgar Square fountains frozen before. The snowy high five made me smile too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy moly that fountain! Are there's me thinking it was cold today. Mind you the duck pond did freeze and we had the spectacle of watching the ducks ice skating on it. Not as cold as a fountain freezing over though. Brrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are getting away with it lightly this year. It is cold here in south Wales but no snow or ice (yet). Wrap up warm- I love the fountain photo. Dying to hear your news too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous pictures. #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh intriguing! Love your hand snap, it looks like a skeleton.
    Sorry, I forgot to comment on this post somehow. Stay warm. xx

    ReplyDelete