Monday, 20 October 2014

Before the rain



I love taking pictures when it's like this - dark, foreboding skies and sunshine. Not kind of what you expect. A battle of the elements. There's more drama, more contrast - the photos look the way I want them to look, if that makes sense…quite often they don't! Especially landscapes.
Having said that, I took loads of the view from the window yesterday morning, because every time I checked, the scene seemed to shift: brighter, darker, greener, hints of orange.

It's often windy when it's like this too. I went for a quick, blustery walk, and just as I reached the top of the hill where the lane flattens out, I found I was heading towards a rainbow. Definitely one of those lovely moments. Beautiful and uplifting.
Kicking myself for leaving the camera at home, though they're tough to photograph don't you think? Hard to catch the magic. Feel like I've seen a lot of rainbows in the last few weeks - more than I can remember seeing for ages - but usually as I'm rushing to and fro from school, so no time to stop. Strange old autumn weather.

And as if to make a point, when I turned to head home, the rain arrived!

6 comments:

  1. Lovely snap as usual Tracey, I've never photographed a rainbow so wouldn't know why they are tough.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haven't taken that many, and they all ended up being disappointingly insignificant! Didn't dominate the picture the way I thought they would. Thanks Fiona.

      Delete
  2. Ah but it looks so green! We are in the middle of a heatwave here in Lanzarote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Damp and green! Would prefer a heatwave, though hoping it's not uncomfortably hot?

      Delete
  3. They never turn out as bright as you expect them to do they? Love this pic though, it's beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks lush and dramatic.... the weather has been a little bonkers over the last couple of weeks - I've seen quite a few rainbows too! X

    ReplyDelete