Monday, 1 September 2014

Rusty

basically how I feel after a good chunk of time away from blogging; loads to say, but I don’t know where to start really, or if any of it’s remotely interesting; I swear it’s been like pulling teeth getting a few sentences down. Doesn’t take long for the general daily fuzz of life to stomp out the blogging habit it would seem. And rather ironically, since I’ve been thinking about posting, our internet connection’s mysteriously vanished - no chance of it being fixed until the middle of September either. So annoying, after cutting back on my online time when the flipping thing WAS working. Still, the self-imposed laptop ban definitely helped, I got a lot more done. Not to say that juggling kids and craft didn't have its moments - often I’d get frustrated, or they would, but I got enough stuff made up for the Malvern Show to just about extinguish that small flickering flame of panic. Only four weeks to go. See, I can say that now without feeling ever so slightly sick.

I will show you what I’ve done when things settle down - I’d love some advice - but for now I just wanted to get going again and say hello. 
It’s been a good summer on the whole, and when I say that, I’m choosing to overlook the times I felt more like a ref than a mum; the bickering’s been wild - who said kids get easier as they get older? The only improvement I’ve noticed is they no longer wake up a dawn. And I’m getting some tedious teenage behaviour from the 12 year old, though he does make me laugh with his love of vintage sitcoms - this holiday he watched the Dad’s Army box set - all 39 hours of it. Totally bonkers.

Anyway, for all the squabbling, tantrums and the countless times they chose to ignore the things I asked them to do, I’ve kind of got used to the kids being around. Dreading the return of the school run; hours hanging around car parks, and hounding them to do their homework.

Still desperately clinging to memories of our lovely holiday in France - so relaxing being away from it all for a while, in a different space, even with all my making bits and bobs. I spent many happy hours knitting or sewing under a shady pine tree, watching the kids mess about in the water. Have to say that’s another thing that’s got easier - I no longer have to chase after them, like an anxious shadow.

I’ve even been a bit rubbish at taking holiday photos, not a single sunflower shot, which has got to be a first, though I did snap a sunset or two.




No such lapses on the Vide Grenier front, obviously... Managed to squeeze a few in, and can’t wait to show you what I found, just need to get the kids sorted for the new term. And find a cafe with wifi.

11 comments:

  1. I've missed you and your blog. Welcome back! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a lovely summer Tracey - will look forward to hearing all about it - and hope the return to school goes smoothly. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crikey that makes two of us. Also felt half hearted about blogging recently for pretty much the same reasons as you but blogged my holiday... more for myself really. Got to some Vide Greniers also, thanks to you telling me about them last year. Looking forward to seeing your finds and hope the kids return to school goes smoothly. Bugger about your interweb connection.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back Tracey. I love the start of term, back to school feeling of September (even though I'm long past that stage) I'm sure that the bogging fairy will visit soon and you'll get into it again. Are you exhibiting at the Autumn Show? If so, I'll come along and introduce myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You’ll soon get back into it. Lovely sunsets!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello *waves*.... lovely to see you back again. I have only just come back to the blog too, and like an feeling rather rusty around the seams - it's taken me ages to write one post (although it isn't yet published!).... any way, I'm looking forward to hearing all about your summer - it was good taking a break wasn't it? X

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO so very lovely to hear from you! Love to reply individually and pop round everyone's blogs, but it's taken me over an hour to find a cafe with a working wifi connection - almost wept, combination of early start and general despair! Time is short now and need to do ghastly admin, praying things will be back to normal soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back, Tracey! Do hope you get your internet connection sorted soon, I know how you feel. Looking forward to seeing all your French car boot bargains! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great to see you back, Tracey! Blogging breaks are necessary and beneficial, and yes, it's surprising and somewhat disturbing how quickly and happily we can give it up. Though we always come back!
    Beautiful sunset photos.

    ReplyDelete
  10. still no blinking internet, so frustrating, have managed to get a fair bit of sewing done though. Trying to be positive!
    Looks like it might be another week :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back, glad you had a good summer apart from the bickering!! :D xx

    ReplyDelete