Friday, 26 September 2014

Jumble by name and jumble by nature

Nerves jingling a bit now, though in a good way I think! Still have the occasional wave of fear that I won't sell anything, but mostly I'm excited; and sure, there's nothing more I can do, seeing as the show's tomorrow…

SO pleased I'm sharing the stand with a friend - definitely takes the pressure off, and we'll have a laugh, whatever happens. There's also a bit of me that's looking forward to escaping for two days...is that bad?  I'd kind of hoped my husband was going to have a full-on home alone with the kids experience, but they're all away on sleepovers! Sod's law, hey?

The main reason for the jingling nerves is the Malvern Autumn show is in a different league from anything I've done before - it's an all singing, all dancing proper 2 day County fair, and it's vast! Gardening, fair rides, food, cookery demos, cars, animals, flower arranging, and monster vegetables. Thousands of people go, but not necessarily to buy crafty things if you know what I mean, so it'll be interesting to see how it pans out. We're in the Vintage Pavillion, which is a rather chi-chi way of saying a big old tent, but apparently there'll also be a band playing and a bit of tea dancing and jiving going on, which sounds fun.

So I've got halfway down a page without mentioning my stuff….this time I thought it'd be a good idea to pep up my Jumble Betty display. A friend of my husband's very kindly made me a tiered stand, and I covered cardboard JB letters with all sorts: paper, fabric, napkins, yarn. I've got to say, this took A LOT longer than I was expecting, especially the knitted T. Which is why there's only one.

You'll probably recognise some of the toys, but there are a few new ones too.














I've a few vintage bits and bobs I've picked up as well, so it truly is going to be a right old jumble!


14 comments:

  1. Success tomorrow! I love your "jumble"!!! Hugs, Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you luck and oodles of sales in the big old tent, your toys are beautiful Tracey.
    Are you back on the interweb yet?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! Forgot to say! Such a blinking relief! xx

      Delete
  3. Hope it's all going well, Tracey - your stuff all looks gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally - it's been okay-ish, things not exactly flying off my new shelves….lots of people, lots of looking, but not that much buying. Maybe just a little early for the Christmas market. Think I'll try again in a month or so x

      Delete
  4. It looks wonderful! You're very talented, and the toys are all adorable. Markets and fairs are so unpredictable. No doubt the next one you'll sell heaps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie! Sunday was definitely a better day, and hoping things might pick up towards Christmas.

      Delete
  5. You are so talented.... when's the book coming out. And did it go well? Do you have a catalogue of wares or an online gift shop.... I can see ideas for Xmas pressies this year! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my lovely! I've thought about Etsy or something like that, but so far that's all I've done…but if you'd like anything you see here, let me know and I'll happily supply!
      Things could be happening on the book front - hopefully know more soon x

      Delete
  6. What a brilliant selection of stuff! Hope all went well! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh these are so so lovely! I'm very impressed.

    ReplyDelete