Tuesday, 6 May 2014

Flower Power and Pyrex

We had our annual car boot clear-out on Sunday, but no Betty the Camper this time sadly - she's been off the road for months, so probably needs a once-over before we fill her with clobber. Anyway, not a bad day, even without the Betty draw - the place was heaving, and a bit of sunshine always helps.

I did have a wander on my own, though wasn't really in the mood, and always feel a bit more guilty about buying stuff when we're meant to be selling. The only thing I got was a tray of Cosmos for the garden.
Love floaty Cosmos.

Bakewell Tart for tea as a reward, which didn't last long..
I bought this Pyrex flan dish recently for a few pounds - the vintage Pyrex thing seems to have sort of snuck up on me. I've been telling myself I'd bought a few for the 70's patterns


but after the latest one, thought I'd have a quick look see…

Verging on a collection, right?


But I have used all these dishes - the smaller ones are handy for kid-sized casseroles, pies, crumbles and salads. Apart from the tiny rose dish with the lid. Not quite sure what to do with it. Possibly a baked egg? Tiny stew for toy's tea? Any ideas?

I bought this lovely little flower holder in a charity shop a while back, as you can probably tell from the snowdrops! Perfect for delicate spring flowers, and the ones the kids pick with hardly any stem...


And this small glass vase is recent too; just a pound and a rather lovely swirly purple. It doesn't say, but I'm pretty sure it's Caithness because I've others just like it.  I've been getting these smaller ones out more often - simple to fill and a safer bet on the kitchen table with my lot.


Staying with the flowery theme, I found this in a charity shop in Hereford. I've been looking for the right coffee pot for ages; I've seen quite a few, and been tempted, but glad I hung on for this one.



Sorting out cupboards this week, now there's some space.
Tell you, the fun never stops round here…

22 comments:

  1. Cosmos are lovely and go on all summer if you deadhead regularly. What a fab Pyrex collection and groovy coffee pot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's still sitting on the windowsill being admired - maybe it'll just stay there, the way things do! And I have been using it, with a coffee filter gizmo and papers I got in France - straight into the pot, no messing.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel, really pleased with it x

      Delete
  3. I too love pyrex - it is just so handy and so lovely to look at, I use mine all the time. The bakewell tart looks yummy too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it was good, a bit squidgy in the middle, but no complaints :)
      Wasn't an instant love thing with Pyrex, but it's growing on me!

      Delete
  4. Great finds. It probably says something very telling about me that I read the whole first couple of paragraphs wondering how you could buy a whole tray of Cosmopolitan cocktails from a a car boot sale, before realising that it was actually some sort of plant (I assume?) !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love that your first thought was cocktails, what are you like! Though a tray of cosmopolitans in the garden sounds pretty good to me :)

      Delete
  5. Well done you! I love that little flower holder especially, so unusual! I am plucking up the courage to do a flohmarkt here, but I need to find a friend whose German is better than mine to share the stall! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you must do it! So good having a clear out. Bet you'd be fine on your own, but more fun with a friend :)

      Delete
  6. The veggie design on the stack of Pyrex casseroles takes me back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's my favourite, keep hoping I'll find more.

      Delete
  7. Love all your finds, especially the Pyrex, I haven't seen the vegetable pattern before!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my mum says she had a few of the veggie design ones - maybe that's why I like the pattern so much!

      Delete
  8. Oh love that coffee pot - that would look at home here if you ever fancy parting with it ;)
    I have the beginnings of a vintage pyrex collection too - they come in very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I keep seeing Pyrex in my local charity shops and I've been toying with the idea of collecting some. Not that I have any room to start another collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes it looks like Caithness glass to me too. I love your little square posy holder too - really pretty and unusual.

    Thanks for linking up x

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG that Pyrex collection took me straight back to my childhood. Can anyone spot the child of the seventies ?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adore the coffee pot! And I'm sure we had some of that Pyrex when I was growing up! Love it! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the patterned pyrex, nothing wrong with a collection, decorative and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love good vintage pyrex dishes - they are virtually indestructible and also pretty aren't they? your collection is adorable. we use our vintage pyrex pots too a lot. we have a few little ones with lids, we use them for storing leftovers in them in the fridge, they seem to be great for that, saves a lot on clingfilm too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a really good idea! Thank you :)

      Delete