Wednesday, 30 April 2014

Merrymakers


Woof! possesses magical powers; he seems to be able to calm the nine year old down in a way none of the rest of us can.
My rascal is all over the place at the moment, bouncing from sweet to sour at breathtaking speed. And not so much of the sweet since school started. But a moment or two with Woof! somehow helps him snap out of it. You can almost see the anger ebb away.

Heaven help us when he eventually loses interest; makes me feel sad thinking about it. But no sign of that happening yet - in fact Woof! has a growing band of merry followers who go everywhere with him.


My husband has started making up stories about this motley crew, and they're obviously good because I often hear howls of laughter coming from the 9 year old's room.  So, next to Woof! we have Snuggly Duck, Duck - grey, worn and well chewed - her french name is Snoogalay Canard, Canard and she is trouble basically; then there's Aussie Bruce, the narcoleptic rabbit who never finishes his sentences, and his painfully shy second cousin Oscar.

All it takes is a story and a sniff of Snuggly or Woof and life is good again.

Wouldn't that be great?


The Gallery theme this week is Happy!

17 comments:

  1. Love this! Love how involved the hubby is. I hope the motley crew extends- there can never be enough great voices to be heard! #thegallery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there'll be more! I've been told a small stripy rabbit is keen to join… :)

      Delete
  2. So sweet! My 7 year old has a dog too, it's called Nuh (don't ask!) and he has had it since he was really tiny. I have banned Nuh from coming on trips with us now out of fear of him getting lost!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! The whole Woof! gang don't do day trips, but they come on holidays which is always a worry! :l

      Delete
  3. Sounds like my daughters 'Blue dolly' she loved that thing and still have it tucked away in her bed now

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lovely to keep, maybe Blue Dolly will make an appearance again when she has her own family. My husband's favourite ted did - now occasionally passing on his wisdom in some of the Woof! stories :)

      Delete
  4. Aw - lovely post!
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great post! It's good to know that all are involved in his life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they really are at the moment. My son's a bit poorly today and Woof's been a great comfort. Good old Woof!

      Delete
  6. Lovely post..... just love the teddies in bed. Teddies rock. Little A has a bedroom full of them and at the moment keeps swapping favourites! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wonder if she'll eventually settle on one?
      My other two aren't interested in teddies at all - quite a few of the Woof! gang have been 'borrowed' from them! x

      Delete
  7. Aw! These guys remind me of the characters from Jane Hissey's book Little Bear's Trousers. Do you know it?! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't - will see if I can find it online. Thanks Emma x

      Delete
  8. Little man has a pile of teddies on his bed too - he chats to them merrily, it is lovely to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely pic of your boy, Tracey. My 14 year old still has a soft spot for his soft toys. They're looking a bit past their best these days, but are much-loved still.

    ReplyDelete