10.1.14

Room with a View 2013


12 months and hundreds of photos later, and here it is: my patchwork landscapes or landscapes patchwork? And it's good seeing all the months side by side - a reflection of the ever changing view from our window over the year.

If I do anything like this again, I'd be more disciplined about how and when I take the photos: I'd stick to the same time of day and the same frame - having said that, the most out of sync one of the horses by the hedge in March is my favourite. Think I got better with the framing as the months went on.

I'm glad I did it - we're blessed with the view, still, you know how it is with things right in front of you every day: you kind of end up looking but not seeing. And I did see last year: how the light catches and lifts the landscape; how the shadows shift; how the rain can make it all fade to grey. Good to stop for a minute and properly take it all in.

Need to do more of that really.