Friday, 10 January 2014

Room with a View 2013


12 months and hundreds of photos later, and here it is: my patchwork landscapes or landscapes patchwork? And it's good seeing all the months side by side - a reflection of the ever changing view from our window over the year.

If I do anything like this again, I'd be more disciplined about how and when I take the photos: I'd stick to the same time of day and the same frame - having said that, the most out of sync one of the horses by the hedge in March is my favourite. Think I got better with the framing as the months went on.

I'm glad I did it - we're blessed with the view, still, you know how it is with things right in front of you every day: you kind of end up looking but not seeing. And I did see last year: how the light catches and lifts the landscape; how the shadows shift; how the rain can make it all fade to grey. Good to stop for a minute and properly take it all in.

Need to do more of that really.


18 comments:

  1. wow how pretty!!! where do you live? such a good idea well done such an amazing view x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We live near the Welsh border in South Herefordshire - mountains, valleys and unspoilt rolling countryside. Very beautiful x

      Delete
  2. Well done you to get a picture each month, it's lovely to look back at the changes in colours and scenery! Hope you do it again this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. not sure - might do a different view further up the road from us - we'll see! Thank you :)

      Delete
  3. Are you a Picmonkey maniac now? Lovely to see your collection of photo's over the course of the year..hope we see many more. How lucky are you to have that spectacular view? Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm PicMonkey mad, me! See what you've started! Thanks Fiona :)

      Delete
  4. Beautifully photographed! You are definitely a "woman" of all seasons! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great, Tracey - seeing all 12 together - lovely! We're lucky to live in such a beautiful area. And a couple of days with no rain, too - bonus! Have you ever been to the Fairs at Llanvihangel Court? Wondered what they're like. Abby x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been, but just googled it and it looks lovely - great venue for a Fair. Sounds like the Christmas one went well x

      Delete
  6. It's a great series of photos, Tracey - love the collage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really worth doing I think. Thanks Sally :)

      Delete
  7. That it just so cool. Very, very pretty! And what a clever idea. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. feels good to have seen it through to the end. I'm a good starter but not a great finisher, so this is progress! Thank you lovely x

      Delete
  8. I’ve enjoyed all your views and I can see why March is a favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So lovely to see them all together - now I have an amazing view, I may very well try something similar myself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh this is lovely, I might have to try this - although i don't have a room with a view here - but maybe I could take a walk and a photo at the same spot - I do always want to do that but then never stick it out for a year - so well done you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. really think you should - definitely worth doing :)

      Delete