Tuesday, 31 December 2013

The year that was


Am I possibly the last person to discover the wonders of PicMonkey? Probably am, judging by the number of 2013 photo collages popping up on my blog list.  I was told it was very easy, which usually makes me nervous, but it really was, so thanks Fiona.

These are a few of my favourite pics/memories from 2013 - but eyes front now, and I like that fresh-start feeling at the beginning of a new year: the kick up the behind that's good while it lasts…
I'm not big on Resolutions though, mainly because they normally end up haunting me.
I do have those 'eat less, exercise more, read more' thoughts, but I'm going to stay well away from targets this time.
One thing I am going to do, or do differently anyway, is I'm going to try to make stuff happen myself, rather than waiting hopefully for someone else to do it for me.
Too much waiting in 2013.
Lesson learnt though.

So, here's to a happy, healthy New Year,
and thanks for stopping by.
Really. Thank you x

20 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Tracey ! Eat less and exercise more...that's my intention but don't make resolutions as such. Have I converted you to picmonkey? You'll be mosaic-ing mad now! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you've definitely started something! Room with a view collage next, and there will be more…Thanks for the tip, it's good to learn something new, should really do more of that in 2014. Happy New Year Fiona x

      Delete
  2. Best wishes to you, Tracey, for a Happy New Year! Abby x

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy new year hun and i too dont set resolutions but see them more as goals as such :P good luck and love the collage!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy New year! I look forward to following your adventures in 2014! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do hope there'll be a few! Thanks Emma and Happy New Year to you and yours :)

      Delete
  5. Happy New Year to you and yours. Rest assured, you are not the last to discover PicMonkey - I've only recently found it, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't it great! I've spent most of the day sending collages of the kids to family. Blinking marvellous! Happy 2014 Caroline

      Delete
  6. Ah good old Picmonkey. That was how I made my Fairy Mary Christmas card. Here’s to more blogging fun this year Tracey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn and love your card! Just looked at it - need to have a go at adding text next I think. Sorry this has taken a while, we've had no internet or phone for 3 days - it's been very quiet…not so bad really!

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful collage - obviously a good year.
    You are not the last - I have been wondering how to make these collages and now I now it's PicMonkey, so thank you!
    Happy 2014 :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jackie - have fun with PicMonkey! :)

      Delete
  8. Happy New Year lovely! Love your photos - they remind me what a talented crafter/artist you are. And I am with you, I really like the spirit of the New Year, the fresh new start (while it lasts ha ha ha). X

    ReplyDelete
  9. …yes, all that NY hope and enthusiasm starts to fade by february, so need to get on and make the most of it! Thank you :) x

    ReplyDelete