Wednesday, 4 December 2013

The Gallery - Morning

Breakfast is a battle in our house. None of the kids are that keen on it which drives me mad. The easiest to feed first thing is probably my fussy eater, bizarrely enough - he's the only one who likes cereal (or milk); loves a 'flat egg on the floor' (fried egg), and will tolerate toast. But only just. I really don't get it, I mean what's not to like about toast?
The eldest will eat it if it's toasted for a maximum of 10 seconds, and he doesn't like butter or any of the usual breakfast time spreads. Instead he'd rather go down the savoury route - searching the fridge for houmous, mayo, ham or salami, and occasionally mackerel pate.

The youngest will eat toast at a push, but nibbles it like a little mouse, leaving quite a lot behind. She often plays with her food too, making all kinds of shapes and faces. This morning she tried to nibble a Christmas bell, but it turned into a triangle, so more toast bits were added…

Toast Angel


The Gallery theme this week is 'Morning'


9 comments:

  1. I don't get not liking toast, either - what's not to like about it? Mine do eat at breakfast, but I can understand your frustration - we all know how important it's supposed to be for us...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast in our house like this - a teeny bit of toast and z is full. He will eat fruit but I'm always keen to get something filling in him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Dutch Hub is not a toast fan either. In fact, he has eaten the same breakfast (cheese on bread) for as long as we have been together--35 years! Of course he will eat a cooked breakfast, too! But NO Toast! I looooove toast! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, what's next a reindeer? I thought everyone liked breakfast, surely they like porridge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's great! I remember trying to get inventive like that to get my boys to eat breakfast too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor you... I sympathise. That's not an easy thing to deal with first thing - fussy eaters! Luckily Little A loves her cocoa pops... X Love the toast angel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brilliant, very creative... Although I'm sure you would have preferred her to eat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How can you not like toast? Love the angel! :)

    ReplyDelete