Sunday, 8 December 2013

Fun of the Fair

Much more relaxed about my second Craft Fair. So relaxed in fact that I forgot to bring the blinking float! How daft is that? Can't remember a sausage at the moment.
This meant the beginning of the Fair was rather frantic - but after a quick detour to the bank, two coffees and a mulled wine, things thankfully picked up.


And it was lovely Fair - quite small but busy enough, and better I think than last week's. For a start it was inside and the hall actually smelt Christmassy, of cinnamon and cloves - even the music on a loop didn't bother me that much.



Sales weren't too bad either. The only extra thing I bought along was this little bedside table I picked up in a charity shop and covered in lovely vintage looking sort of dog collage paper. Thinking about it the paper actually cost me more than the table... Anyway it was one of the first things that sold.


Apart from the furniture, it was the little toys that made the money again. There was quite a bit of interest in my small hand knitted mice, but they were put down quick smart when I was asked the price.
Frankly I just couldn't bring myself to sell them for under a tenner. They take me Ages. The bigger toys didn't sell well either which was a shame, so if anyone would like an owl with babies or an elephant, let me know!



Linking up with the very lovely and inspiring Handmade Monday


13 comments:

  1. the stall looks lovely x glad you had some sales x glad you stuck to your guns with the price of the knitted bunnies, non craft people really don't understand the blood sweat and tears behind the making of things x your toys do look adorable

    ReplyDelete
  2. ..and then, you're the First Booth in the Room and Everyone has *large* bills and think they can use you like an ATM!
    Meanwhile, "Pricing" is a pain, because when it comes to Stitchy-work, you really DON'T get Paid for your *TIME*! -- Actually, I've come to the point of seriously considering "charging" a few Cents for "PETTING" the GOODS! It would certainly *probably* PAY for the "Table"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww. Wish I could help you sell your cuties, but I live waaaay too far away! Linda@Wetcreek Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your stall looks lovely, your array of animals and toys is really cute. I'm glad you enjoyed your fair x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your things are so lovely - the mice and owls are gorgeous.
    I can see the mice as great dolls for a dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love your stuff! I crochet animals and my owls sold well. I found that the smaller ones sell much better! I did a crafts fair on Saturday and would have forgotten the float but my friend was selling with me and luckily she remembered it. Linking up with Handmade Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've nominated you for a liebster award http://mummagzblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your stall looks gorgeous. Pricing is so hard, and there are some people at fairs who do expect amazing things for next to nothing. You are doing well to stick to your guns - it's just a matter of finding the right market for your particular goodies x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your toys are gorgeous - love the retro prints on the owls and elephants. Good for you on sticking to your price - better they go to a home that appreciates the time and effort you put in making them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your stall looks lovely. I really like the look of all those floppy eared rabbits. My best sellers are always little animals, and although I am seriously thinking of giving up on fairs and just selling online, if I do continue I am just going to have little creatures on my table. I did not sell one hanging decoration this year. Pricing is difficult, as people really don't seem to want to pay at craft fairs. I sit there knitting, so at least people realize that everything is handmade.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are right not to charge less for the mice, they are so beautiful, and I can't imagine how long they must take... Keep taking them to different fairs, I am sure they won't hang around for long! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. aww your stall looks amazing, i don't think i could have resisted those adorable little owls peeking up at me! Its so hard to predict the public's tastes isn't it, it sounds like you have done well having lots of size options though, i'm sure the large toys will sell well on another occasion :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely stall set up and sounds like a nice fair :)

    ReplyDelete