Sunday, 1 December 2013

Back from the Fair

Home from my first Craft Fair and thought I'd post some pics before I collapse in a heap.  A long day, though a pretty good one I think, and I'm pleased I've seen the whole thing through from making to selling this time.
Felt a bit anxious at the beginning with the setting up as I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing...so this is me early on, trying to look confident, but still slightly flapping, in my jolly bright red jumper.


My mum's staying at the moment and thankfully turned up mid morning which calmed me right down. She's a potter and an old hand at Fairs, so, very relaxed and a great help with laying things out and pricing.


I had another helper who got bored quite quickly and spent a fair amount of time colouring in pictures of birds on the Ornithology Society table next door.


We did a little price adjusting as the day went on, and it was interesting seeing what sold - mainly the little owls, mice and bunnies. The elephants and big owls weren't so popular, but hey ho! Christmas is coming….


I did okay, nothing earth shattering but I'm happy enough and got some lovely comments which makes it feel worthwhile. A good thing too, seeing as I'm doing it all again next saturday!


8 comments:

  1. Your stall looks lovely Tracey and the owls look great hanging from branches. You deserved to do well after so much effort and time spent making.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much Fiona, definitely a lot of hours on that table! It did look bright and cheery though and I was on the end which helped I think. Forgot to say I sold the Miffy table which meant a bit more room in the car on the way home!

      Delete
  2. Well done and good luck for next week.The stall looks lovley and very inviting. It takes me back to my own days of selling at craft fairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn, it's been an experience!

      Delete
  3. Well done - it all looks lovely, and I'm glad you made some sales, too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a slow start and I was beginning to worry, but thankfully things picked up! x

      Delete
  4. Well done! You've worked really hard for that! :)

    ReplyDelete