...seen through a slightly smudged, secondhand pair of rose-tinted glasses

Saturday, 2 November 2013

Room with a View - October


I was holding out for some sunshine, but this is probably a more accurate reflection of the end of October. Anyway, as I was saying last time they can't all be sunny.

Looks like the tree tops have been very lightly brushed with a hint of orange and they've thinned out since September's photo. Strong winds have sped up the final show too, whipping and whirling leaves into the air.

I tried to catch some with the 6 year old as we walked down the lane the other day - great fun but sooo tricky as they twist and twirl this way and that. Satisfying when you do get one though, and it's meant to be good luck, if you're swayed by those kind of things. I remember chasing leaves with my mum, the passer-on of many a superstition, which of course I've dutifully passed on to the kids…Although she never told me to slap the lucky leaf on my forehead, turn round three times and make a wish...do you know that one?

I'm storing my good luck in a small box of on the hall table.

5 comments:

  1. No, can't say I have heard of that one, sounds like good fun though! Lovely picture as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma :) Good I think to have a few contrasting weather shots!

      Delete
  2. The autumn mists just beginning to appear?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they are - a thin blanket of mist covered the fields in the valley as we drove to school this morning.

      Delete
  3. Ha! I never heard about slapping the lucky leaf. The leaves are really coming off here now.... a carpet of yellow on the garden. X

    ReplyDelete