Tuesday, 12 November 2013

Jumble Betty update

It's been a while since any Jumble Betty toys made an appearance here, but I have been beavering away, trying to churn out enough owls, elephants and other small critters for my first ever Christmas Fair on the 1st December…
What's enough though? I'm not really sure. Suppose you can never have too much stuff, but I've no idea how my menagerie is going to sell seeing as I'm new to this. Anyway, more pressing than my mounting Fair anxiety is how close I am to losing the love for my fabric friends, so, best I think to wind up production before that goes completely!


My youngest laid them all out on the floor at the weekend and apparently I've made 106, which doesn't sound half bad, though some are tinsy tiny, and when they're in a big pile it doesn't look like loads to me. But maybe that's because I'm thinking of the hours and hours spent making them.


Just to bulk it all out a bit, I'm going to bring some of my decoupage things along too, like the Miffy table and chairs, the little wristwatch coffee table and some covered boxes.


I've made a few more elephants - some with crocheted ears and some with material ones. The large owls with babies are back too, but this time I've crocheted the wings instead of knitting them which is definitely quicker.


The rabbits have multiplied at an alarming rate, so feel fairly confident I've enough of them! I've got a few cashmere bunnies (shhhh), and this one worked quite well I think - it's made from a woolly scarf picked up at a charity shop and has a bit of sequinny sparkle going on.  Not suitable for tiddlers though, and there are a few bunnies without pompom tails for under 3's.


I've got a lovely Jumble Betty sign which should be finished soon, and have been pilfering any top attention-grabbing table tips I can get my mitts on.
Then there's sorting out prices, the bit I hate, but can't keep putting it off….so that's next.


24 comments:

  1. Well done Tracey, I know what hard work it is as I did a craft fair two years running. (Having a year off this year) I hope your critters sell like hotcakes. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh that would be great! Here's hoping! x

      Delete
  2. Tracey they are absolutely gorgeous - I hope the Fair goes well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if it doesn't, quite a few people are going to be getting bunnies for christmas...Thank you Sally x

      Delete
  3. They must have taken you absolutely ages! They are all lovely, good luck with the fair! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Feel like I've been making them forever! Do enjoy it, but think it's time for a make break! x

      Delete
  4. Wow you've made loads and they look great all piled together! yep pricing is the horrid bit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a whole heap of work just sitting right there! Pricing is always hard, to high and they dont sell, too low and you feel like you are giving them away.
    I especially love your little owls.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Blimey that is quite a menagerie you have there! I love the owl with babies, the crochet wings really give it a snuggle with Mum feel. I hope the Fair goes well

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the sale goes really well:) They are lovely:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my word your animals are gorgeous - good luck with selling them, I hope you do really well x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've certainly been very busy with all your little critters. I especially like the little bunny, nice and bright and twinkly with a sweet little face.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do know what you mean about the pre-fair anxiety. I have one on Thursday, but am getting to the point where I have to accept that my planned makes were a bit ambitious, and I must just be happy with what is done. 106 does sound fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm another fan of your menagerie, I love all the different fabrics especially the vintage ones. Good Luck with your fair. It's always difficult to know how much to make but I always think it's best having lots of choice rather than not enough.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done you for keeping going with making the critters over and over, not easy I know I tend to get bored making the same thing very quickly! I think they look great, I love the elephants and the pink cashmere bunny is adorable! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww they are soo cute!!!! good luck with the fair :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. aww they're all so cute! i love how they each have they're own character. I'm sure they'll be very well received at the fair and people's lovely comments will make all your hard work making them worth while :) x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments about the toys - really given me a much needed boost! Quite apprehensive about the Fair, but excited too! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. They are so cute, I'm sure they will be very popular at your fair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gosh, you have been busy. Good luck with the father xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Opp!!!! I should say fayre - stupid word correction....

    ReplyDelete