...seen through a slightly smudged, secondhand pair of rose-tinted glasses

Thursday, 18 July 2013

Going quiet...

I'm not disappearing, but I am going to slow down the blog for a bit. The kids break up today, and over the next few weeks we're here, there and everywhere...though not much here.. And all three start new schools in September, so plenty of sorting out to do.

I'm ready to head off, definitely ready for it, but it is going to mean I won't be able to pop online or flick open the laptop whenever I feel like it: social media (well the bits I understand..) will be taking a back seat for a while, pinned in tightly with a belt; and I'm going to try to embrace being, on the whole, internet free.
Quite looking forward to it really.
Last year I spent far too much time in various french McDonalds and anywhere else with WIFI. I'm going to give that a miss this year. But I'll still be crafting and clicking away hopefully, and will post if there's something half interesting to see or witter on about...as long as it's quick and doesn't involve bribing the kids with Happy Meals. Also I promised I'd make monkeys for the loo roll Zoo, so won't forget those, or Room with a View.

Anyway, before all that I've got to get through Leavers Assembly without blubbing, because honestly if I start, there'll be no stopping me.

So here's to happy hols and more of this...with the occasional light breeze...and some rain for the garden..


nothing crazy though...

Mr Snail window strolling...in June
xxx

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break, we'll still be here on your return. Hope the leavers assembly was not too emotive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a bit wobbly at the start, but then it just got too hot for tears! So managed to hold it together! Still sad though, the kids have all been very happy there. Thanks Fiona :)

      Delete
  2. Hope you have a great summer Tracey - will look forward to hearing from you in the Autumn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what? I should do the same....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's hard to do sometimes...becomes a bit of a habit! But think a break will do me good, and there are other things I should focus on + know it's going to be tricky to post! You've got a lot on at the moment, with the move and settling in, so probably a perfect time to slow down the blog for a while x

      Delete
  4. Ah the end of term leavers' service; the last time I attended one of those it was me leaving - four years ago this week! Now that was emotional. I hope you have a lovely break and I look forward to catching up with you in the Autumn. Meanwhile I've a queue (I've learned to call it that since joining Ravelry) of crochet projects to work through. Also, a friend lent me a stack of vintage patterns to scan. I promise to share :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh vintage patterns! Very envious! Look forward to seeing all your makes. I'm so determined to get things done over the summer, though could be wishful thinking..need to keep the kids busy too! Thanks Marilyn :)

      Delete
  5. Have a great summer, let's hope the weather continues to be kind! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. A break is very necessary sometimes, and we all need to be Internet free on occasion! (As we used to be all the time, right? I dimly remember). Enjoy your break.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful summer break! Enjoy the sunshine and "see you" when you're back! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that snail!!!!! I am doing exactly the same thing... taking a break, reading novels instead of social media and blogs! Have a wonderful and break and read you when you get back! X.

    ReplyDelete