Sunday, 28 July 2013

Counting butterflies

I know, I know...I'm not really here...but back home for a minute, and I was sitting on the warm stone wall in the garden, watching the hustle and bustle around a lavender bush; with bees buzzing busily and smaller insects darting and hovering around the flowers. Then every few minutes some butterflies would join in, dancing a fluttery jig. So I went and grabbed my camera...
sure, didn't I say it wouldn't be long before the butterflies were back?



...they're so speedy and I thought I'd just missed this one, but by sheer luck caught it mid air - a split second later and it would have been yet another shot of an empty lavender bush.  I have many.


This is a great time for butterfly spotting, and there seem to be more of them about than last year, which is promising. I know I've already mentioned the Big Butterfly Count - but just a reminder that it's on at the moment, and if you'd like to join in there's an identification chart here.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!!! Now go off and enjoy your break! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do!! Just Room with a View and then I'm away! x

      Delete
  2. Lovely photos, Tracey! I'm not 'here' either really!! Abby x

    ReplyDelete