I had plans for these tatty two pounders; just needed to find some paint...and a suitable excuse.
So the stool's to go with my revamped sewing machine trolley, and the little useful table is going to be.. useful. That's my story. And there were questions and eyebrows raised on friday when my other half spotted them, tucked in a corner of the spare room. But bless him, he's well used to coming home to shabby bits of furniture. Think I've already mentioned we live a mile away from the local auction...
Anyway, thought it best to be speedy with the makeover. I gave them both a quick sand and slapped on some trusty Blackfriars primer before using up two old blue tester pots.
The top of the stool was screwed in and easy enough to remove. The original pad was under the grim blue pleather, but there were a few rips, and I wanted to use some IKEA material left over from my campervan curtain-making nightmare...
Never quite sure how to cover the top of things, so I've had varying degrees of success; but this time I used the pleather as a guide, cutting the material to size, and copying the corner folds, and it seemed to come together pretty well.
I love the little table I covered in vintage domino cards (the ones in my blog header)
Still won't let anyone use it. I bought these watch dominos in a charity shop a while ago and thought they'd work on my new blue table.
Used PVA to glue them on the top - just had to cut a few to fit around the edge. Then several coats of clear matt varnish and that was it.
Both seem to have won over the doubters..and now I've got this old chair tucked in the corner of the spare room...
Linking up with Ta-dah! Tuesday over at Lakota's