Thursday, 2 May 2013

The Gallery - Self Portrait


This is me, or how I see me: wife, mum... and after that it gets blurry, foggy, uncertain. I mumble the next bit. Feel I should say something else, but don't know what.
I used to be clear, sharp, confident; sure of me: then marriage, army life, kids...and the 'me bit' went fuzzy. Not a bad kind of fuzzy - still happy most of the time; still positive. Most of the time. Still smiling.
And I'm working on the haze. Just taking longer than I thought to find my focus again.


The Gallery theme this week is Self Portrait

19 comments:

  1. You have a really great smile, even through all that blurriness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, smiley pic. I think the 'haze' is motherhood!! A woman's lot..... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so true Abby! Does it ever lift??! Think finding another string to my bow might help with the haze! x

      Delete
  3. I know just what you mean on this. Maybe if you keep taking the photos, the images may just sharpen up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. think it's already sharper than it used to be! Thanks Jackie x

      Delete
  4. *waves* Hello! And yes, the haze is definitely motherhood. I am not sure it clears until we are in our late 60s!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved this - a really clever take on the prompt, and something I can really relate to, the fuzziness! X.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think fuzziness becomes the norm! Thank you x

      Delete
  6. Love your smile through the fuzziness :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure that the fog ever completely lifts, but there'll be some clear patches along the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's a good way of looking at it :) Hoping for a clear patch soon!

      Delete
  8. But you have a GREAT smile, Tracey. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello what a lovely blog and a great 'fuzzy' face.I hope the fog clears soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know how you feel. Hope the fog clears soon. Gorgeous pic x

    ReplyDelete