Friday, 26 April 2013

Room with a View - April


Now that's better! Definitely more springy than last month's Room with a View...though wouldn't be hard, would it? 

Still, the weather hasn't picked up massively since March - a few promising, sunny days that get your hopes up, and just as you're tempted to venture down the summery end of the wardrobe, it's straight back to dull, grey gloom.  Nondescript days.  Far too many of them. 
Lovely this morning, mind - but according to my daily weather update from Beryl the school bus driver, it's not going to last...

Everything's so late as well: the trees and hedges look quite bare in the photo compared to a similar one I took this time last year. It's nice that the daffs and crocuses are still out, but I'd rather have the warmth of the sun on my pale, pasty skin. It really doesn't feel like the garden's bursting into life..more like it's hobbling along; as if the season hasn't got into its stride yet. 

I'm sure things will get moving next month. I love May. Even the weeds look good in May.


More info about the Room with a View project here

Linking up with Louise's Photo of the Week

12 comments:

  1. I am glad the weeds look good. I am going to use that as my excuse! Beautiful view, and picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) my excuse too! The prettier ones are fine among the flowers when everything's green and fresh, but then they gallop ahead and take over, or go to seed, and it all starts looking straggly!

      Delete
  2. I was wondering if it was just me but I was thinking too that the trees looked quite bare for this time of year!
    I'm looking forward to seeing the view with tender green leaves :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it'll be interesting to see how much more leafy it looks in a month's time :)

      Delete
  3. Everywhere's starting to green up, but it's still so cold!! Yes, bring on May! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. absolutely! I've got a good feeling about May :) x

      Delete
  4. Wow! But even so, what a difference to last month! I have said before how much I love this idea of taking a picture of the same spot all year! I have a feeling we are skipping spring this year and will just find ourselves in mid summer!!!

    Hope the trees and bushes can catch up!

    Thank you for linking up with Photo of The Week XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. funny looking at the March pic, it's like midwinter! So this is much better, even if it is lacking leaves! Thank you Louise x

      Delete
  5. Beautiful green fields it looks very comforting, I can imagine sitting looking at that view with a mug of tea feeling totally relaxed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that doesn't happen as much as I'd like! But you're right, there's something very comforting about it.

      Delete