Sunday, 10 March 2013

Say it with flowers (again) - 10/3/13


This is a bit of a cheat because I did it last year, but it looked so bright and cheery when I was scrolling through my photos, and I'm feeling low on bright and cheery at the moment.
It's gone back to dull and miserable here after a promising glimpse of the sun. And I've just said goodbye to my youngest sister and her family who're moving to Australia - so, doubly deeply gloomy.

But I know the grey old clouds will lift, and that they have such an exciting adventure ahead of them.
My sister reminded me she was actually staying when I made this flowery message a year ago, and she also reminded me how long it took to do... another good reason to get it out again!

Happy Mother's Day x

Linking up with Louise's Photo of the Week

12 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's Day... Sending you a huge hug for saying goodbye to your sister too, it's not easy. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's very lovely of you, it's been a funny few days and though I'm sad to see them go, I'm happy for them - it's a new start, and we will visit! Thanks Emma - Happy Mother's Day to you too xx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Absolutely amazing! It doesn't really matter when you made it, thank you for sharing your gorgeous creation!
    Happy Mother's Day! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's superb! You could have that made up into cards and sell them! Bet it took ages. Hope you're having a good Mother's Day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - good and busy with trips to rugby and tennis! Like the card idea, that sounds great - I was thinking this morning there's not enough flowers out yet to do it this year! Hope you're having a lovely day too x

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! And yes, you must re use this every year - it's just stunning! So pretty.

    So sorry to hear your sister is moving countries, that must be tough, but at least you have an amazing excuse to go visit and just think of the Photo's from there ;) XXXX

    Thank you for linking up with Photo of The Week X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it will be a great excuse to do a bit of family travelling! Thanks Louise, and so pleased you like the flowers x

      Delete
  5. I'm sorry you're feeling glum - a big hug from here. it must be hard saying goodbye to your sis. May be you can visit? What a great adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. already planning a trip! Would love to go once they're settled. Thanks R x

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love this! So cheerful

    ReplyDelete