Sunday, 3 March 2013

Room with a view - February



Only the second of the year and I'm already behind with my monthly deja view..
I have been taking pictures from the same spot at the same window, but to be honest they've tended to be dull and rather uninspiring like the weather. I kept thinking I'd get a better one, and then.. ran out of February.
So wasn't sure about this photo with the cold, hazy grey background and merest hint of sun; but the more I look at it, the more I think it's probably a pretty good reflection of the month that was. Anyway it's a small piece of the big picture, because this 12 photo project is all about catching the seasons, and seeing how the same view changes through the year. I want contrast, I want a bit of grey, and I want to see more of the obliging horse that just happened to wander into my shot at precisely the right moment!

January is here if you'd like to see it, and I'm linking up with Louise's Photo of the Week

15 comments:

  1. It's such a beautiful view, and a lovely photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R, think I'm probably being a bit too fussy!

      Delete
  2. Loving the green grass - spring must be on its way! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost! The signs are there, just need some warmth!

      Delete
  3. It's a lovely idea. And what a view! We have a road and a hedge. Not so gorgeous! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, we're blessed with the view - sometimes think I take it for granted, but no chance this year with all the photos I'm taking! x

      Delete
  4. Seriously, is that the view from your home? It's gorgeous. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Loo, it's one of the very lovely things about living in the sticks xx

      Delete
  5. I really need to get my eyes tested, I didn't see that the horse had a blanket on. I thought it was a cow! Lovely hazy Spring picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. think your eyes are fine, at first glance it really does look like a cow!!
      Here's hoping the next pic will be even more Springy :)

      Delete
  6. Oh what a wonderful idea! I love the idea of taking a photo of the same place and watching how it changes over the year. I think this photo is great, I love the misty look to it and the horse right down in the bottom corner. Thank you so much for linking up with Photo of The Week XXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise:) Looking forward to seeing all the photos together at the end of the year - might make a good calendar! x

      Delete
  7. This is a great idea, can't wait to see more x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an inspiring view. Like it.

    ReplyDelete