Wednesday, 6 February 2013

The Gallery - Noses


Not so easy to catch on camera, but if you look carefully you should be able to see a faint, longish scar along the top of his nose. It happened a few years ago.
A fall? A bike tumble? A run-in with a particularly thorny bramble bush? You'd think - but actually no. His older brother did it accidentally on purpose while practicing a mid-air kung fu kick on the trampoline. With his toenail. Imagine being scared for life by a toenail. A bit lame altogether, but I'm quite sure he'll come up with a more impressive story when he's older.
Of course it doesn't bother him in the slightest - just bothers me. A constant reminder of the perils of nail clipping neglect!

Linking up with the Gallery - the theme this week is Noses
picked (I know..) to support TeamHonk and the fantastic job 
they've been doing in Ghana to mark the 25th
Anniversary of Red Nose Day

10 comments:

  1. Ouch!! Hope that goes away over time. I once accidentally punched my brother in the face and made his nose bleed...he burst into tears....then I burst into tears...it was not a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh dear! Quite a punch then! My son's scar has looked the same for ages - next thing is it'll start stretching as he grows!

      Delete
  2. I bet he thinks it's quite a cool scar though doesn't he? My daughter has the tiniest scar on her chin, that everyone has forgotten about - apart from me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was horrible at the time but he's really not fussed now - he has another one on his lip that he's always biting. Thinking about it all mine have little scars I notice but they don't!

      Delete
  3. My son also has a scar on his face from when he ran into a granite table top at a party. It looked pretty obvious for many years but at 16 now is very faint. Because the scar was between his eyebrows, he rather liked pretending it was a Harry Potter scar for a few years!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a scar on my nose front where my sister through a lollipop at me and it caught on my nose stud... Is that worse than a toenail ? Lol x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scars add character to a face! I think the mid air Kung fu kick could be the start for a great story - a little embellishment and a myth is created :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if he's anything like his dad (champion story spinner) it's bound to be good! :)

      Delete