Wednesday, 30 January 2013

Oh Brother!



I took this one without you knowing,
the closeness you're not used to showing.

Much of the time you tease and fight,
shouting and shoving, both always right.
Taunting and playing on each other's fears,
angry words that end in tears.

In truth you're lost without your brother,
I know this being your wise old mother.
When one's away the other asks me,
 'when's he back mum?'
CONSTANTLY

For as hard as you find it to admit
you miss each other and the hissy fits.

So I caught this moment to remind you
of the enduring love that always binds you.



Linking up The Gallery - the theme this week is Bond

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful pic and poem, although I expect you'll have to wait a few years before you can show it to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! *holds back tears*. Same sentiment with my boys. Thank you for putting it into words so beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a really lovely poem - brothers seem to have a very special bond! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully put - it made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely, my boys fuss and grumble at each other often but one is absolutely lost with out the other :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. rrr that's a lovely photo and a lovely poem x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really touching. a lovely poem & photo to embarrass them with when they're older!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for all the lovely comments! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great picture. Bet they didn't know you were taking it?!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just found your blog. Lovely post - what a fab photo! I have a unit in No 14 in Leominster, so may meet you one day! Abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope so Abby! Lovely to hear from you :)

      Delete
  11. Awww so lovely!

    P.S I love their comfy looking patchwork seats, they are fab!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were a very good buy and SO useful!

      Delete