Wednesday, 31 October 2012

The Gallery - Frightful!

I tried to think along spooky lines for this theme, but kept drifting back to what's on my mind at the moment - the glorious, opposite of scary fact my husband's home in a few weeks! 
SO close now - we're almost there, and I'm in the midst of a huge sort out/tidy up, which seems to be a (totally mad) thing I do just before he comes back.  As if he's going to notice the state of the house.
So I start with thoughts of Halloween frightful - dark, sinister, swirling mist etc - and end up with a kind of Hyacinth Bucket 'frightful!', when I open a jam-packed, messy cupboard, or look under the kid's beds...
My 'useful' drawer is a good example. It's a shocker. Crammed full of useful things, and yet I rarely find the thing I need. The kids love it - which is why it looks like this.


I came across so much stuff I'd forgotten about, and just happened to find a glow stick hidden under some old christmas cracker toys...so, in the end, a little more useful than I thought...



The Gallery theme this week is Frightful

10 comments:

  1. Good idea to put a glow stick inside :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I found a few more, and think I might use them tonight so our pumpkins keep on glowing in the rain!:)

      Delete
  2. love the pumpkin. Not long to go now. You[re right - I doubt he will notice the state of the house, but I'd probably be doing the samexxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny isn't it - how the house looks is going to be the last thing on his mind, but a good old sort out seems to help me when we're on the home straight xxx

      Delete
  3. Love the hand in the drawer! Spooky X

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a drawer like that. We call it 'The Man Drawer' after that Michael McIntyre sketch.

    Herding Cats

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just watched it on You Tube - VERY funny and so true! Every single thing he mentioned is in my drawer :)

      Delete
  5. Everybody needs a useful drawer! I love the spooky effect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had a sort through, so it's looking a bit more ship-shape now, but know it won't stay like that for long!

      Delete