Wednesday, 3 October 2012

The Gallery - Fitness


I have been putting my kettlebells to good use...


Honestly I had the best intentions, starting with a reasonably regular DVD workout, and even a weights session counter on the side of my blog. But as the weeks ticked by, the counter stopped counting and dropped down the page, until one day it silently slipped off.

The only person who seems to have noticed is the sister who gave me the weights. She just happens to be a personal trainer - in fact two of my sisters are personal trainers. Can you believe that? All I have to do to remind myself how unfit I am, is go and spend some time with my family!

My youngest, exceedingly fit sister was here a few weeks ago - and as well as having to use all my strength and both hands to turn on the tap after she'd used it, she managed to persuade me to try the Kettlercise DVD again. I had forgotten how much it hurt. There are so many squats, lunges and crunches. Must admit it helped knowing my sister suffered too...or was she just saying that..?

Running is the one thing I always seem to come back to. I don't go too often, too far or too fast, but it usually picks me up when I do go - out in the fresh air, with space to think. It's pretty hilly around us which is tough, but the views are the reward.

Kettlebells or this? No contest really.




The Gallery theme this week is Fitness.

15 comments:

  1. Love he uses for the kettle bells - and agreed nature is the best gym!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a better view, I'll give you that!! I'm a CrossFit fanatic, so I am familiar with the old kettlebell. But could I do it at home with a dvd? no way, baby. The surroundings of a room filled with friends and a coach who won't let you quit are the best motivators....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coach who won't let you quit sounds like my sister! The problem I have is making myself go to a class full of friends and a coach....

      Delete
  3. Oh running wins hands down - can't do it any more as my back doesn't like me if I go out, but walking the dog over the fields is the next best thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bumble along when I'm running - not much faster than walking speed. Sometimes I think it's more of an excuse to get out - away from the housework :)

      Delete
  4. I really need to get some of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you are using the Kettlebells very wisely!! I had a love hate relationship with some kettlebells once then after I fitted into the wedding dress I never went back oooops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They can make a big difference - both my sisters use them and they look fantastic. It's sticking at it that's the tricky part. I have one of the smaller weights out on a shelf in the kitchen, just in case I get a rush of kettlebell enthusiasm...

      Delete
  6. Good use for a kettlebell, doorstop.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I think that's a perfectly good use for them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view. I loathe kettlebells! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those kettle bells look painful! The view is amazing though so I would choose that every time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The heaviest weight in the set is 8 kilos, and I struggle a bit just lifting it off the ground!

      Delete