Monday, 1 October 2012

Magpie Monday - Growing into it

I'd a very happy rummage through the charity shop rails in Monmouth last week, and found this little bundle for my daughter. Just £3.50 for the lot.


An OshKosh cord skirt, Boden heart patch shorts and a lovely Gap butterfly top - all age 9-11.
The thing is my daughter is five...
I'm always doing this, and telling myself they'll be great for later (much later)
The kids have a lot of stuff to 'grow into' because I couldn't walk away from the rail. The clothes aren't a bargain if they never get worn, are they? GOT to make sure I don't forget about them.

And a twinkly, shiny treat for me. I've had rings on my mind since the disappearing diamond horror, and this lovely shell and silver one only cost £3.


I didn't think I had a thing about pyrex, but I keep noticing it now... And I've got to admit when I first saw the bottom dish on nyssapod's blog I had a definite pang of pyrex envy. So I couldn't believe it when I spotted the very same one in a charity shop in Hereford. I practically sprinted to the shelf and whisked it straight to the till, along with these smaller dishes. £3 for all three.


I've four now. Is that a collection? Some guilt too when I got them home because all the cupboards are bunged. Getting anything out is hard enough, but not as tricky as squeezing it all back in again, in the right order so the door shuts. Still these dishes are a great size for kids meals, and they will get used...


...the guilt has gone. Feel better now.

I'm linking up with Liz's magic Magpie Monday.

16 comments:

  1. I buy loads of stuff off ebay, Next clothes really wear well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do buy and sell a fair bit on ebay. Tbh if I was sensible I'd sell what I've bought on ebay, but think I'll probably hang on to them :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, that's quite some forward planning!

    I have an Osh-Kosh needlecord skirt for DD i got in a charity shop. It's one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirt is lovely - covered in flowers and really doesn't look that big!

      Delete
  3. Yup, the pyrex bug has hit me recently too. I love your veggie print ones especially the one on the bottom. I am guilty of buying for Little Bee a year or two ahead if something is great (cheap) but I have to admit I draw the line at a couple of years (not 4 or 5!!!) They are very good buys though. Two years ago at a car boot sale I came across a girl selling all of her daughters Boden and designer wardrobe, just the right age for Little Bee, laundered beautifully and at €1 each piece, I very near had a heart attack at the excitement. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine! Think that's the thing, I get so excited. Need to rein it in though - age 11 stuff is pushing it, but thought she could maybe wear the top as a dress...? I spotted your lovely pyrex buy - there is something about it :)

      Delete
  4. That sentence about "but my daughter is 5" made me laugh. I actually have a "too big draw" in our house, for this very reason! Love those dishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The drawer is a good idea. I need to put my too big things in one place - at the moment there are little piles in different cupboards. The other day I did find some stuff I'd put away for my eldest, and it was like christmas - couldn't remember buying any of it! :)

      Delete
  5. Pleased to have inspired Pyrex envy and even more pleased that you managed to find some of your own :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very excited when I spotted it! Thanks for posting the pyrex. Love the pattern :)

      Delete
  6. You've gotta love a bit of Pyrex, I have to stop buying it though as I am fast running out of space!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to stop too, or get another cupboard :)

      Delete
  7. I'm not a pyrex obsessive like some American bloggers but those dishes are the best for making crumbles in and I've been on the lookout for the bottom one for ages! My mum has it and I want it! Lovely clothes find for your DD too - one day!

    (I thought I visited everyone from MM yesterday, you must have linked up after me)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are perfect for crumbles and things like cottage pie - think I'll use them a lot more than some of the other cluttery stuff in the cupboard! x

      Delete
  8. I have those same pyrex bowls, the bottom one is my fav, I have them stacked on my dresser, but I just can't bring myself to use them ! especially not in the oven ! they might get those horrible brown marks on them !!lol, everyone thinks I'm weird for getting so excited about food bowls, it's nice to know I'm not the only one, :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're definitely not the only one! And all good so far in the oven - any brown marks have come off with a scrub. Pyrex is pretty hardy I think. Worth a try? Bet they look lovely on your dresser :)

      Delete