Friday, 14 September 2012

Day 307 - Exhibition update

Just a quicky, and all is well. Three sold so far - two to friends who I now feel deeply indebted to for the rest of my life; and the other, the duck, to a Mr Smith. That's all I know.

I was on the rota in the Hall the other morning and it was painfully slow: 4 people in four hours...but it gave me a chance to look round. There's such a variety of work; mostly traditional watercolour or acrylic landscapes - some absolutely gorgeous paintings. Really impressive for a little Art club I think.

There was one picture of an elephant with a rather out of place £275 price tag - she mustn't have wanted to sell it! But apart from that, everyone's charging about the same money. I'm probably at the lower end, which feels right for a first go.

I dropped a few prints off yesterday and noticed someone had written in the book that they liked my 'trendy' paintings. Now it's been a long time since anyone called me, or anything I've done, trendy. I mean they're hardly cutting edge; but it's all relative, isn't it. I live in rural Herefordshire. Anyway, I'm very happy with my trendy comment.

It is a buzz seeing the pictures hanging there - and the thing I'm most proud of is that I saw it through. I didn't just talk about it (good at that) I actually did it.
I'm quite sure blogging helped to focus my mind: you write it, you've got to do it.....and your support definitely helped, so thank you.
I honestly haven't felt this kind of sense of achievement for a long time.
And it feels good.

6 comments:

  1. Wow - think selling the paintings is brilliant - but i thought they were lovely. Shame the duck - and the hens - have gone though :-( (from my point of view!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks R - I feel a bit weird about them going, which is mad really, because that's why I did them! I do have prints though. I was thinking I could make up some cards.

      Delete
  2. Wow, that's so exciting! Well done to you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie - it was quite a slog at times, but I'm really glad I did it :)

      Delete
  3. Well done you! That's a great acheivement! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Honestly, if someone had told me a year ago I'd be in an exhibition I'd probably have laughed.
      Feel like I've pushed myself and that's given me a little more confidence.

      Delete