Friday, 7 September 2012

Day 300! - Hang it all

And I'm going to have to, because I've only just got enough pictures, and I've run out of time. The exhibition goes up today.
I'm not mad about the fruit, and I'm not fishing....but it's one of the few paintings I've got that's a decent size. And it makes up the numbers.


So the fruit's in, along with my only other not-so-recent one. This is actually the top half of a painting. I liked the daisies, but wasn't fussed with the rest of it. Is it very obvious? Probably is now...   


I prefer these, but don't think they've come out so well as photos. The colours are a bit flat.


I had a last minute framing hitch which I could have done without. A friend very sensibly suggested I paint to fit a set frame size. Great advice, but when I went to IKEA to buy the frames I wanted, they were out of stock, so I ended up with different ones - fine size-wise but not such a good colour. I also made a slight miscalculation with the size of some of the mounts....

Now prices - well I had to give a list of prices to the head of the art club, and I tried unsuccessfully to get a little guidance. In the end I went for between £30 and £45. I still haven't a clue. It'll be interesting to see what other people are charging.

I can put a red dot on one though, and I've always wanted to do that. A lady we got to know in France wants to buy the french hens painting. When she asked, I was thrilled, grateful... and strangely sad. I think because is suddenly dawned on me that this picture I'd done and quite liked was about to disappear. I'm going to have to learn to let go!


And guess who's back?  
Like I said - everything's going up. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised someone's already nabbed your hens :-) I like your watering can and the door/gate too. Hope you enjoy the exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I went to put my pics up earlier, and it all started to feel real and serious. Have to admit to a few wobbles. There were lots of big, impressive paintings - mine are tiddlers. But it's done now, and it really is time to do/think about something else!

      Delete
  2. If yours are the only tiddlers they will stand out as unique. Thats a good thing! Where's your mosquito? Prices sound perfect to me. I hope it goes really well for you. Just the fact that you got involved and got them up is what is to be celebrated. If you sell another at the exhibition, happy days. I'm sure you'll get great feedback anyway.

    Best of luck with it, take photos of the other exhibitors work and let us see what it all looked like.

    Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks Bee! I will let you know - I'm on duty in the hall on tues. Now all of them are up, I do feel relieved, and so pleased I saw it through. Tend to be good at starting things, not usually that great at finishing! I still have the mosquito, would you like him? x

      Delete
  3. Good luck!! All are great, and I just love the duck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love all of these xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im the proud mum of the single married mum ! I think the paintings are really lovely and very well done . Good luck , this could be the begining of something BIG !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I don't know mum! So glad you like them, means such a lot xxx

      Delete
  6. The paintings are beautiful. I love the duck as well. It sounds like it was a bit stressful getting it all ready, but from now on each exhibition will be easier as you now know what to expect. Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete