8.8.12

The Photo Gallery: Sport

My 10 year old is never going to let me forget we were away for the Olympics. He is mad about sport, ANY sport - and I know he'd have been glued to the wall-to-wall coverage at home. Instead he's had to make do with a few snatched highlights on iPlayer. I do have occasional pangs of guilt; and then remind myself it wouldn't have been TV heaven for the other two.

Football is his first love. And from what I can gather, the more time spent diving, sliding or basically throwing yourself to the ground during a game, the better.
This is apparently called an overhead bicycle kick.


It just looks painful to me, but I'm reliably informed it's how Wayne Rooney scored the winning goal in the 2011 Manchester derby. 
This is the other thing: my eldest has an encyclopedic knowledge of football and soaks up any sports facts or news like a sponge. It's given me a glimpse of what he's capable of learning...when he puts his mind to it.


The Gallery theme this week is Sport.