Thursday, 12 July 2012

Versatile Blogger Award


To get nominated for one award is special, to receive another hot on its heels is pretty darn amazing! Like getting a lovely big virtual pat on the back - and that means a great deal, especially when it comes from someone I happen to think a lot of.
Recipe Junkie writes beautifully about food and life. I love her blog, it's always a joy to read. She is wise and funny and a seriously talented cook. She has also been wonderfully supportive over the last 8 months. Her husband used to be in the army and I know she understands what life is like for me. It's helped more than I can say. So thank you Recipe.

Now the idea is I tell you 7 random facts about me.....but before that, the rules of the award:

Thank the Blogger who nominated you
Include a link to their site
Include the award image in your post
Include the award image in your blog
Give 7 random facts about yourself
Nominate 15 other Bloggers for the award, including links to their sites
Let those bloggers know they have been nominated

Seven Random Facts: 

I once went to a school fancy dress competition dressed as a giant sugar lump. The costume was made out of packaging from a new washing machine. I was beaten by a bumble bee.


I desperately wanted to be a gymnast when I was young and used to cartwheel everywhere. I can still cartwheel and do a reasonable handstand, but have to sit down afterwards.

I crashed into a school friend's stone gate post while her dad was giving me a driving lesson...in his car. It was one of the most excruciatingly embarrassing moments of my life.....

.....closely followed by having to perform a dance routine to Jailhouse Rock in 50's gear and pigtails, live on local telly for Children in Need.

I interviewed Professor Brian Cox when he played the keyboard in the band D:Ream; before anyone knew he was seriously clever.

During my first pregnancy I put of 5 stone and my feet grew by a size and a half. I managed to shift most of the weight but my feet never went back to their original size. My shoe-obsessed sister said she had nightmares about this happening to her. Luckily it didn't!

I have chilli sauce on my toast for breakfast.

And my nominations are:
From the kitchen sink - warm, honest and often moving. Jo's strength and love for her family shine through her wonderful writing.

Coombe Mill -  family fun on the farm at Coombe Mill. Great ideas for outside play and gorgeous photos that make me want to pack my bags and head to Cornwall!

Mymummylife - thoughtful, funny and beautifully written.

Minibreak Mummy - champion thrifter, cross stitcher, bookworm and caravan fan who always has a good story to tell.

Medicated Follower of Fashion - Alex has great style tips and ideas, an eye for a bargain and the best dressed (almost) three year old around!

Lishconcepts - talented, creative mum who finds and makes gorgeous things.

Preston Precious -  varied, informative and fun - and always a great read.

My gorgeous boys blog - captures everyday moments and family adventures in glorious words and pictures.

Smiling like I mean it - on a blogging break at the moment, but I really like the way she writes about her journey through the ups and downs of life as a single mum.

I'm going to stop there, because I've been tagging like a loon over the last few weeks. There's no pressure to join in - absolutely none. I'm sure many of you have been nominated before, so if you'd rather not, please feel free just to accept the award and leave it at that. But if you're in the mood to spread some blogging love....

10 comments:

  1. Ah - you know I love your blog too, but thank you for your comments, and if I've helped you even a tiny bit these last months, I'm very happy to have been able to. I am feeling very fuzzy now. Everyone who I nominated has such great facts - much better than mine! I love your cartwheels one - I tried to cartwheel recently and put my back out. Old age is a terrible thing! Also love your Brian Cox fact. I heard an interview with him about the whole D-Ream thing and it is just so cool how he's gone from that to being just an amazing scientist. Miond you that song will always remind me of how I fainted on the bus on Brixton Hill going into work the day after Tony Blair won that first election (too little sleep and too much alcohol the night before at a 'results' party)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not good! Some songs take you straight back, don't they. But things did 'only get better' for the Prof - wonder what happened to the rest of the band?? x

      Delete
  2. Fab post - love the facts! The sugar cube is genius - you was robbed by that bumble bee!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much - loved yours too! I remember being chuffed to bits with my Mr Cube - and don't think I was a very gracious loser :)

      Delete
  3. Smiling Like I Mean it13 July 2012 at 17:31

    Thank you so much for the nomination! I am really flattered and surprised - sometimes I forget that some folks do read my blog and its not just me! and it certainly helps the motivation to restart the blog, which i'm working on this week. I'll do the necessary re: the rules above and post soon. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome and I'm glad you're back ! :)

      Delete
  4. Absolutely love your random facts - they are amazing! Good on you for still being able to cartwheel. I would not eve attempt it haha I'd probably pull every muscle in my body! Thanks so much for the nomination. I'll definitely do this too and pass on the blog love :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) In my head I still think I can do some of the things I used to do, but my body has different ideas! Look forward to reading yours x

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed reading your blog post. It has been a few weeks now I also received the versatile blogger award.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great news, and thanks so much for your comment :)

      Delete