Wednesday, 11 July 2012

The Photo Gallery: Food



Golden, sticky syrup stodge - such a sweet slice of childhood nostalgia for me and a firm sunday lunch favourite. I usually make a bit of a show of lifting the pudding basin for a first peek at the pud and the hot syrup dripping down the sides into a delicious pool on the plate - it's probably one of the few times I have the kids' full attention. And I love that food can bring so much pleasure - that things I cook can make them happy.

I smile as I watch them tucking in; they wolf down the steamed stodge so fast, as if they're afraid someone's going to whip it away from them at any moment. It's a race for seconds, then thirds, and I really don't mind because it means less for me and we've a holiday looming....But not even the thought of squeezing into my cozzie is going to stop me scraping the gooey, syrupy, cakey bit out of the bottom of the pudding basin...


This week's Gallery theme is food....

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's also very easy, just a few ingredients - but needs a bit of patience because the steaming takes a while :)

      Delete
  2. My favourite dessert by far, yum x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - definitely the most requested pud in this house! x

      Delete
  3. OOooo, yesss ... that still one of the few puddings I'll kill for. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does seem to inspire pretty strong feelings!! :)

      Delete
  4. That's my favourite pudding EVER!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This weeks gallery is just making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my that looks divine. It has been far too long since I have eaten anything that sticky and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete