Monday, 18 June 2012

Yummy Mummy meme


I am the last person I'd ask for any advice about health and beauty, or yumminess in general, but I'm game for a meme! so thanks Gina for tagging me and here goes...

The Rules
When answering the questions, give as much detail as possible. It's all about the finer details people!
Leave a comment Here (Busybeemummybex blog where the meme was created)
Tag three or more people and link to them on your blog.
Tweet # yummy mummy when you share on Twitter.

What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
Usually I think I've GOT to go to bed earlier. I am terrible, especially when I'm on my own. I seem to get a second wind at about nine, and will quite happily potter about until midnight. My friends think I'm bonkers, but I've always been the same. I think this peaceful, quiet time when the kids are sleeping is more important to me than going to bed at a sensible hour......well I think that until my alarm goes off the next morning....

Do you shower daily? Are you an early morning shower or an evening bath type?
I should shower first thing, it would probably help me cope better with the morning madness, but I never leave myself enough time, so it's evening baths for me. I love a bit of lavender oil, some bubbles and a flick through a mag. It's good thinking time. I've had some of my best ideas in the bath.

Do you wear make up daily?
I tend to put on some tinted moisturiser, but that's it. It's not that I think I don't need make up, I've just never been in the habit of using it, even when I was working, and now I'm not sure where to start!

What's in your make up bag?
Angry moths.
I feel a bit ashamed of my make up selection. Some of it is vintage, and I'm not talking about the shades. I have a blue/green Lancome eyeliner pencil that I remember buying shortly after I left school. I remember it because it was really expensive at the time. Think the colour might be back in fashion.
The only thing I've bought recently is a tube of factor 50 tinted moisturiser by Heliocare.

When you're having a slummy mummy day what do you normally wear?
If I'm not wearing a pair of jeans or tracky bottoms the children ask me if I'm going out. It's nothing to be proud of, but I do err on the side of slumminess on a daily basis. I have some lovely things and occasionally plan to wear them, but being a useless morning person means nine times out of ten I opt for comfort.

Nails - how often do you get them done?
I've never had them done. I haven't really got any to be honest. Gardening is not good for nails.

Your top tips for tired eyes?
Weleda Wild Rose intensive eye cream.

Are you a Starbucks or Costa Coffee kind of girl?
I'll drink any coffee, anywhere, anytime. I'm really not fussy. I live miles away from the nearest coffee shop, so most of the time it's home brew.

How many children do you have/want?
We have three. Wonderful and hectic and enough for me.

Where is your favourite place to shop for babies/children's clothes?
My favourites come from ebay (not necessarily theirs). I've got some gorgeous Brora cardigans, fantastic Oilily and ilovegorgeous things and quite a lot of Boden stuff. When these clothes get too small I put them back on ebay or give them to my sisters. Frustratingly I can't recycle much of the boys stuff anymore - the way they treat their clothes makes me want to weep!

Flats or heels - everyday shoes are?
I like a bit of a heel - not much though - but if they're completely flat I feel stumpy and sort of like I'm leaning slightly backwards. So I usually wear something that lifts me up a little when I'm out and about....slippers when I'm in. And I'm in a lot. 
No hope really.

So I'm going to tag lovely Jo at Thoughts from the kitchen sink, Leoni-Fay - Cakes, Babies and other ramblings and MummaG who I'm sure will have better yummy tips than me :)

6 comments:

  1. Your first, second and third answers sound just like me! I do love doing my nails though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know, I have been thinking about it because a Nail Bar has just opened up in my nearest town and I would like to try it - just need to let them grow a bit first :)

      Delete
  2. Great answers, I can relate to a lot of them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so like to enjoy some time when the kids are in bed too that I often stay up late pottering...and pay for it in the morning. I will have to think of a different answer for that question ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We never learn, do we !
      Looking forward to reading yours xx

      Delete