Monday, 21 May 2012

Magpie Monday - Two sheets to the wind



Always good to find something during a charity shop rummage that you actually need, as opposed to want (because it's lovely and a bargain...) I've been looking for some decent fitted sheets for my daughter's bed, and found these pretty flowery ones last week. They're new, but the packaging looks old, and at £2.50 each I really had to get both of them. 
Turns out the sheets are from America and they're a little bigger than the others I have. This is perfect as they don't seem to creep up the sides of the bed or ping off after a night with a fidgety, restless five year old.


So back to buying things I want but don't need...



...but they were only 50p! I think they're small place and glass mats, and there's so much work in each one - all the flowers are hand embroidered. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with them, (hankies? though don't really use them, or small doll's sheets?) but felt they just had to come home with me.

These necklaces came home too. The green and brown glass beads are for my mother-in-law, because I know she likes these colours. The shell one...well it was a bit of an impulse buy. Easy to be impulsive when there's a 25p price tag.


I'm keen on shells, but haven't quite decided if the necklace is good different or bad different...suppose I could always take the shells off?


I'm linking up with Magpie Monday. Go take a look! 

Me and My Shadow

19 comments:

  1. I just read a post by someone who was going to use similar doily type things as pockets on a little girl's top - could be cute? I can't make clothes (and have boys) but I reckon I could manage to add a pocket to an existing top...

    Sweet sheets too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's such a good idea! I have 8 of the larger size ones, so 4 each side? They are very pretty. I'm no expert with a sewing machine - but could beg some help...

      Delete
    2. Just realised I've gone one step beyond pockets and made a whole top.... This is what happens when you try to blog after a children's birthday party.
      Pockets are a brilliant idea!

      Delete
  2. Oh I love, love, LOVE those sheets! They are totally whimsical and romantic. The picture of them blowing in the breeze is ace too - makes me think they would make a lovely canape for a garden den!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really glad I bought them - never imagined I'd get so excited about sheets! Think I'll keep them inside though :)

      Delete
  3. I love that pic too. Very pretty sheets - I would have bought them too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Recipe - nice change from plain colours x

      Delete
  4. Your billowing sheets look gorgeous - oh to have the weather to hang stuff out...

    Love the sound of Lakota's idea of using the doilies as pockets. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great idea - think they'd look very pretty x

      Delete
  5. Great photo of the 'two sheets to the wind' :)

    And those embroidered mats are so pretty - are the big ones big enough to gather up into little gift bags?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...yes, they would be - that's a great idea too. Thanks so much for the tip :)

      Delete
  6. Fab price for the sheets and loving all your other bargains

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were a bit of a bargain - Thank you Jane x

      Delete
  7. Love the pic of the sheets. Perfect washing weather by the looks of it. I also saw a post like Lakota where doilies have been used as pockets (lots of it on Etsy too).

    There you can now go forth and shop without feeling guilty : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty windy last week!
      Thanks for the Etsy tip - I'll go and check it out. Even with my limited sewing skills, think I might manage pockets :)

      Delete
  8. Oooh love the sheets, fab pic of them blowing in the breeze :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those sheets are lovely, I think they look gorgeous blowing in the wind!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those sheets are lovely, I can smell fabric softener just watching them there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for your comments - just wish there'd been some double sheets too!

    ReplyDelete