Wednesday, 23 May 2012

The Gallery - Picture Postcard



Watching the sunset
warm french air
no distractions
children sleeping
silent, still,
husband and 
wine beside me.

The show is magical,
light changes so fast
colours getting deeper,
richer, brighter.

And I wonder why
I don't let myself 
stop
more often
and see 
what's always there.

I want to catch 
this moment
and send it home.
So I take a picture
as the show ends.
A reminder of 
the beauty
and the peace.


This week's Gallery theme is Picture Postcard

16 comments:

  1. Such a lovely moment in time. Yesterday evening I sat for 30 minutes(rare) whilst the boys wrestled on the trampoline. I watched the trees and heard the birds as it turned to twilight. Why the heck do we never take the time for this? It changed my whole mood.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ..it does...need to do it more. But seems harder than you think to stop and enjoy the moment when there's always something else to do. Think that's why the ones I remember are usually on holiday!

      Delete
  2. amazing colours. This evening I've been distracted as the glowing orange ball of sun has fallen very gently out the sky - it's one of those things you need to save forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely - It is so beautiful, such a wonder. Lovely to have the sun back this week and watch it setting.

      Delete
  3. This is stunning. I never seem to have my camera with me when the sky's like this.

    You're so right about taking the time to enjoy this sort of peace and restfulness. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was one of those happy moments when the camera was next to my glass of wine!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo and beautiful words, stunning :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a beautiful post. And I love sunsets. Gorgeous.
    XxX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a beautiful photo, and your poem is so resonant. Lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments xx

    ReplyDelete