Tuesday, 24 April 2012

Day 154 - Listography: Top five wishes for my children

I got two mugs out of the cupboard this morning without thinking - not a great moment, but he's only been gone three days. So Kate's list has been a happy distraction: an escape to a world of make-believe and magic. What would I wish for the children if I could wave a wand? I can think of plenty of things, but decided to go for those big building-block wishes, which should hopefully bring happiness and help all three of them make their own, sound decisions.


Kindness and compassion:. To think about others and be tuned into what's going on around them. A little bit of kindness does go a long way. It's something we teach them, but I want to make sure it sticks. 


Self Confidence: Not too much; but enough so they're comfortable with who they are, and believe in themselves.  It's something I wish I had more of. I've missed opportunities because I convinced myself I wasn't up to the job. I don't want them to miss out. Having self-belief can open doors.


Be Positive: I want them to approach everything with optimism. To see the best in people; to always look for the pluses before the minuses; and to keep their glass half-full. Positive people are like happy magnets. They get so much more out of life.


Have a little...patience: Kids are in such a rush to grow up. They don't want to wait for anything. They're so keen for time to speed up - I'm desperate for it to slow down! So I'd like to make sure they don't wish time away. And that they're not too hasty with those big, important decisions later on. I want them to take time to find the right partner. Not as much as me though...I'd like to be a useful, ancient granny.


Sense of humour: If all else fails, make them laugh.


What would you wish for your children? There are some magic ideas over at Kate Takes 5.

6 comments:

  1. I haven't done this for a few weeks but I have been thinking about this one since I saw what the topic was yesterday. To be honest, I'm not sure if I can better yours...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Recipe - I had lots of ideas (some more specific, like don't marry a soldier, though OH not so keen on that one...) Hard to narrow it down. And when I looked at other lists there were more great wishes I hadn't thought of.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I think these are absolutely brilliant - because they're virtually the same as mine! lol We must be using the same magic wand! Self confidence is a good one, very elusive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know! Made me smile when I saw your list....must be on the same wavelength x

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely wishes, being positive is an excellent one. I love the thought of being a happy magnet :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much - I do think being positive draws happy things and happy people towards you x

    ReplyDelete