Monday, 2 April 2012

Day 133 - Listography: April Goals

I'm feeling pretty hopeful about Kate's list this week.
'Sensible Goal' thoughts often pop into my head...and then, just as quickly, pop out again. So writing five down means I have to hold on to them and give them a go.  
Nothing too mad though....I know my limits...


1. When my other half gets home for his first break after 4 months away, I'm going to try really hard not to get frustrated as my well-honed bedtime routine goes out the window;
I'll be sympathetic when he says he's tired and I will not give him a 'to do' list on his first day back (second maybe)


2. Step up my quest to find work and see if I can put together a short radio piece that someone might actually want to listen to.


3. Overcome my fear of the lawnmower and cut the grass.


4. Leave the washing, cleaning, hoovering, cooking for a bit and spend more time drawing, sticking, making or just sitting with the children.


5. Take them cycling again in the Forest of Dean.  We laughed and whooped and hurtled down hills. The kids have no idea they cycled 10 miles....probably best it stays that way if I ever want to get them back there....Such a happy day and they were exhausted when we got home.


What would your goals for April be?  Why not pop along to Kate Takes 5 for some Springy inspiration. 

4 comments:

  1. Just catching up on some blog reading. I haven't had so much as a minute to myself this past week (I should probably make that a goal for me).
    Just read about what happened to your daughter though, awful, poor girl and poor you, I am terrible at coping with anything like that (always say I was the worst person in the world to have had a disabled child to care for lol, I'm so squeamish).

    Anyway, have enjoyed a catch up and just wanted to say I hope you all have a fab time when your husband gets home :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo...can't wait. Keeping exact time he's home from the kids, so they don't drive me bonkers! Have learnt my lesson xx

      Delete
  2. Love your list - good goals, and I need to adopt the second part of your number 4.

    Hope you have a wonderful time with your husband. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've made a very interesting looking lego dragon this morning...the kitchen is a bomb site....something always has to give, doesn't it? x

      Delete