Wednesday, 21 March 2012

Listography - 5 reasons I know I'm a.....

...bossy boots, sieve head, chilli lover, campervan fan, serial sweeper - a lot of weird stuff  whizzed through my mind when I saw the dots.....
Kate's list this week is a fill in the gap one, and at first I was suffering from a bit of over-fill.   So after a more measured think - like a second look at a Lakeland catalogue - I settled on 5 reasons I know I'm a stay-at-home-too-much-mum, 
because:


1. Some days the only person I see over the age of 9 is Beryl the school bus driver,


2. On the rare occasions I do go out I CAN'T STOP TALKING. A little voice inside my head       is yelling at me to shut up, but my mouth just keeps on moving.


3. Neil Diamond is not the only one who's forever in blue jeans.


4. I feel a wave of excitement when I see a new M&S 'dine in for £10'  ad.


5. Watching 'Almost Naked Animals'  with the kids is a weekend highlight.


If this was a song and these were the verses (there are others), then the chorus would be, 'She needs to get out more.'  Anyone feel like joining in?


    

10 comments:

  1. That had me cracked up with laughter, and I could have wrote every line. Except I mix it up a bit and wear some black jean's (usually covered in sticky, snotty handprints by 9am)now and again lol.

    I blog just so I don't hold the Avon woman hostage and force her indoors to drink tea and chat with me, when she's only dropping a book of. Then when I do get out I too just don't shut up haha.

    Just loved this, you summed up being a 'stay at home too much mum' brilliantly !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! Glad I'm not the only one who can't find the 'off' switch - have managed to talk a good friend to sleep! :)

      Delete
  2. Very good! I totally relate to number 2.
    And number 5 - my tastes in what I watch (and enjoy) have completely changed. If the kids are enjoying something I will tend to enjoy it as well. Unless it's a Barbie movie :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes! I haven't been subjected to Barbie movies yet, but I'm sure that's on the cards.... Have watched my fair share of Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles though, which was bad enough x

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on 2 & 3 - sometimes (when I do get out) I study other mums to see what else they wear on their legs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your comment. Jeans are just a bit too easy, aren't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. when my kids really want to annoy me they sing the chorus to Almost Naked Animals in a loop. Drives me INSANE.

    Do you have a campervan? ours is coming out of the barn (the one we rent, not our barn) at the end of the month for the summer. Soooooo excited.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes we do! Very old and slow (and not starting at the moment) She's called Betty and I love her - my OH isn't quite so keen...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ours is (not very originally) called Daisy. I LOVE her. Probably not quite as old as yours - F reg T25. This will be our 3rd summer with her - can honestly say it's the best money we have ever spent as a couple.

      Delete
  7. Ours is not a VW - although on my wish list. Feel a bit disloyal saying that, but one day...
    We don't go on big trips but have had some brilliant weekends around here and can't wait to take the kids out.
    Will do a post on her soon so you can see her x

    ReplyDelete