Monday, 2 January 2012

Day 43 - How to get around your mother


My six year old is a prolific note writer - the floor of his bedroom is often covered in scrunched up pieces of paper - and sometimes he leaves notes on our bed, like this one.... 



I love them.  They often appear after he's been particularly naughty - now that's clever.  It's hard to stay cross when you find little carefully cut out hearts on your pillow.   He's only six and he already knows how to play me!


Last night when I was going to bed I found a note at the top of the stairs saying he was in his brother's bed and 'pleas dont Be cross mummy'.   See what I mean?!  A career in the diplomatic service beckons.....Turns out Harry Potter was to blame, but I have found them in each other's beds quite a lot since their dad has been away.


Today I felt much more with it and asked the kids what they wanted to do.  Without hesitating the eldest said he wanted to go to a Beefeater.  Not exactly what I was expecting, but ever since we had a meal at one near Dover last year, it's been his idea of the ultimate treat!  Funny sometimes what makes them happy....  


So that's just what we did, followed by a good run-a-round at the local park.  Might as well make the most of it - they're not always going to be this easy to please!


No comments:

Post a Comment