Thursday, 8 December 2011

Day 18 - Twinkle, twinkle little stars!

There's nothing quite like watching your child in a nativity play to pull at your heartstrings...just a gentle pluck sets me off at the moment so I knew it was going to be tricky!  Sure enough I felt the familiar prick of tears when my little shepherd walked on to the stage.  They all looked so sweet and angelic - and then the singing started...

One of the wise men had quite obviously taken the teacher's 'speak up'  advice very seriously.  He merrily yelled his way though every song (and there were a few).  Now, it feels wrong to laugh at small children but I was on the edge anyway, so just couldn't help myself - thankfully I wasn't alone.  I don't think anyone believed he could keep the same volume up through the whole thing, but he did - with bells on.  

The performance was gorgeous -  and mercifully short if you know what I mean.   My 4 year old had been so excited all week because they'd been told they were going to get a surprise after the play.  She came home with a chocolate lolly and conjunctivitis - surprise!!

No comments:

Post a Comment