Tuesday, 6 December 2011

Day 16 - Knit one, purl one...

I have always been partial to a bit of knitting.  I'm not that skilled but I am determined - and will have a go at most things as long as they're not too big or too fluffy....  


I have overcome my fear of reading a knitting pattern - it is another language - and best of all I've mastered the art of K2cTV2 - knitting while watching telly........!   It makes me feel better about spending hours sitting on the sofa at night on my own - and I have something to show for all that telly time.


It still isn't something I mention much - silly really as knitting is meant to be quite fashionable now.  But let's face it, when it comes to my wool habit, most people aren't thinking about the young and famous click, clacking away, they're thinking knitting nanas.....






One of the things I've enjoyed knitting the most has to be my Knitivity.  The patterns are easy to follow and the kids love them.  Last year I made Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus and a donkey.  This year I knitted the three wise men in the picture.  I was so excited about uniting them all on the hall table - but can I find M,J, baby J and the donkey?  Of course not.  I have looked everywhere, every cupboard in every room.  It is driving me bonkers - I know I've put them somewhere very safe - somewhere too safe obviously.... I am not giving up (I don't want to make them again!) - the hunt for the missing knits will continue...  

No comments:

Post a Comment