28.11.11

Day 8 Happy Birthday to me...

One week down - only 51 to go!!  It's also my birthday - it didn't start well when all the plants I'd ordered two months ago, in a burst of green-fingered enthusiasm, arrived on my doorstep.  I had completely forgotten about them - so spent the morning trying to work out what they were and where I had been planning to put them.....  


Then my mother-in-law rang and sounded seriously shocked when I told her how old I was - "NO!!  REALLY??"  I'm not quite sure how to take this - after 40 it's hard not to be a little number sensitive.....I'd like to think it's because I simply look far too young to be 45 - but fear she was genuinely surprised to find out her daughter-in-law is middle-aged!!  The best tonic for all this was going to my weekly art class as I am the youngest by a fair distance.  The lovely lady next to me was proudly telling me about the arrival of her second great grandchild...now that's impressive.  She also said she thought my painting was good so I love her!


The children were sweet when they got back from school - and then they ate all my cake......